OnTarget Consulting Services, LLC
PROJECT / PROGRAM MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
We utilize best-in-class methodology, while focusing on quality of service, the triple constraint, and overall business objectives. While remaining focused on your time, scope, and budget, we offer scalable project development and deployment as well as global talent delivery through:
- Program/Project Management: We use best-in-class methodology (PMBOK, AGILE and LEAN), while focusing on quality of service, the triple constraint, and overall business objectives.
- Project Teams: Our expertise enables us to provide scalable project-based teams.
- PMO Integration: We will develop a customized PMO platform for your organization as well as manage the entire program until maturity.
- Statement of Work (SOW) Services: We will develop and properly manage SOW-based initiatives.
Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
We use the guiding principles of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) framework to deliver project and program consulting related efforts. We make every effort to ensure your projects are geared for success from proper planning, to monitoring to consistent execution.
In delivering projects, we leverage the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) Guide, which is process-based, meaning it describes work as being accomplished by processes. This approach is consistent with other management standards, such as ISO 9000 and the Software Engineering Institute's CMMI. The Guide recognizes 47 processes that fall into five basic process groups and ten knowledge areas typical of almost all projects.
The ten PMBOK Knowledge Areas that are typical of almost all projects are:
- Project Integration Management - We provide the processes to ensure that the various elements of a project are properly coordinated.
- Scope Management - We provide the processes required to ensure that the project includes all of the work required and only the work required.
- Cost Management – We provide the processes required to ensure the project is completed within the approved budget.
- Time Management – We provide the processes required to ensure the project's timely completion.
- Quality Management – We provide the processes necessary to ensure the project satisfies the needs for which it was undertaken.
- Human Resource Management – We provide the processes required to use the people involved in the project effectively.
- Communications Management – We provide the processes required for the appropriate generation, collection, and dissemination of project information.
- Risk Management – We provide processes for identifying, analyzing, and responding to project risk.
- Procurement Management – We provide the processes required to acquire goods and services outside the performing organization.
- Project Stakeholder Management - We provide the processes required to identify people, groups, or organizations that could impact or be impacted by the project and to develop appropriate management strategies for effectively engaging stakeholders.
For more information: PMI / Guide PMBOK
We use Agile Methodology for our software development efforts.
Agile software development is a group of methods based on iterative and incremental development, where requirements and solutions evolve through collaboration between self-organizing, cross-functional teams.
It promotes adaptive planning, evolutionary development, and delivery, a time-boxed iterative approach, and encourages rapid and flexible response to change. It is a conceptual framework that promotes foreseen interactions throughout the development cycle. The Agile Manifesto introduced the term in 2001. There are 12 Principles Behind the Agile Manifesto, which support our teams in implementing Agility.
Agile methods break tasks into small increments with minimal planning and do not directly involve long-term planning. Iterations are short time frames (timeboxes) that typically last from one to four weeks. Each iteration involves a cross-functional team working in all functions: planning, requirements analysis, design, coding, unit testing, and acceptance testing.
Well-known agile software development methods include:
Lean Methodology/Lean Start-up
We use Lean Methodology/Lean Start-up to help organizations optimize their processes and production methods.
Businesses in all industries and services, including software, healthcare, and governments, are using Lean as the sole way to drive customer value while eliminating waste from the process continually. The lean methodology helps software organizations optimize their processes and production methods to deliver products to the market much faster and with better quality. The core of Lean is to maximize customer value while minimizing waste.
Lean is a process improvement strategy to solve problems or improve current performance in a concise, efficient manner following a systematic, structured approach by identifying and eliminating non-value-added activities.
The Lean Startup is a business approach coined by Eric Ries to change how companies are built and new products are launched. The Lean Startup relies on validated learning, scientific experimentation, and iterative product releases to shorten product development cycles and measure progress.